Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Within Spirit

"If you go into a forest with your mind only, you'll only notice the sounds and the mind will try to interpret them. You might think you're present; but you're not really, you're simply judging what you hear. But if you become aware of the silent dimension underneath the sounds and in between the sounds, then you become present because the moment you become aware of the silence, you also have become silent." E. Tolle

Walking in the winter woods, I see the snow laden branches of trees, bending with the weight. I hear the music of forest animals communication. I feel the chill of the cold breeze on my body, the effort of my leg muscles as they lift my leg to carry me along. My eyes well with tears, not from crying but from the sting of the cold air pressing itself upon them.

Silence lives here. Lives within me. Nothing to interpret. My mind rests. Becoming aware of the silence I feel my silence, also. Within this silence lays my spirit and within my spirit lays the universe. I become presence. Stillness. My being recognizes this and a smile comes to my lips.

My heart rejoices. I release and let go of all else even if only for a moment. I recognize that I am to be in this life only for a flash of time. All else upon this earth will go on without the knowing of me that I am experiencing in this precious moment.

Forever this memory is etched into the cosmos. Forever I will be what it is that I am. Within the all. At one with the universe. This fills me up. Knowing that I can experience this present moment within any other. That I can share this peacefulness with others, just by being. Wonder fills me up.

Presence. Stillness. Inspiratation.

No comments:

Post a Comment